Blueberry-Pomegranate Knox Blox with Plain Yogurt and Frozen Blueberries
This is a very easy recipe and a great after-school or school lunch treat. Works best with 100% Welch's grape juice or low-sucrose juices such as pomegranate, cranberry, or blueberry. Do not use juice with added sugars and read labels carefully. Plain yogurt, berries, or homemade whipped cream (heavy whipping cream and fructose blended until stiff) are optional.
4 packets Knox Unflavored Gelatine
4 cups Welch's 100% grape juice, or unsweetened pomegranate, cranberry, or blueberry blend
Fructose to taste (optional for bitter juices such as pomegranate)
1. Bring 3 cups of juice almost to a boil.
2. Add the remaining cup of cold juice to a mixing bowl. Sprinkle gelatin from all four packets onto cold juice. Let sit for about 1 minute.
3. Add hot juice to cold juice and blend well until gelatin is completely dissolved.
4. Pour mixture into a square or rectangular baking dish and refrigerate until firm.
5. Cut into "blox" and serve alone or with toppings as suggested above.